The 2016 ACA reunion in San Antonio pictures and highlights have been posted to the ACA Reunion area on the left.
Tag Archives: San Antonio TX
Lone Star Chapter (ACALSC)
December 13th, 2016 – A Chapter is Born!
Building from the comradery and work put into the 2016 ACA Reunion, seven AMMO Chiefs banded together and gave birth to the Lone Star Chapter of the AMMO Chiefs Association (ACALSC). James Biggerstaff, Joe Dominguez, Fred Lee, John Rivard, Fred Schoettler, Rick Webb and Steve West met on December 8th to finalize a constitution, select a name for the Chapter and elect its first officers. The Lone Star’s constitution was approved by the ACA’s Board of Directors on December 13, 2016. Congratulations to the Charter Members of the ACALSC and their newly elected officers: President – James Biggerstaff; Vice President – Fred Schoettler; and Secretary-Treasurer – Joe Dominguez. The Alamo City may never be the same, because, I-Y-A-AMMO-Y-A-S!
2016 AMMO Chiefs Association Reunion: 26 to 30 October 2016 on the Riverwalk in San Antonio TX
Fellow Chiefs, ACA Members and Spouses,
This email is being directed to you as someone who previously indicated that you’re planning to attend this year’s reunion!
Your San Antonio Reunion Planning Team has developed an exciting and fun-filled reunion schedule for your enjoyment. The activities our team has planned are intended to ensure everyone would find something of interest to participate in during your short, but festive stay in the Alamo City.
I have attached two documents (in PDF format). The first is our Schedule of Events that also contains a description of the activities you and your significant other can sign-up for and the second is your reunion sign-up sheet. Please note that some activities have a minimum or a maximum number of participants that is normally dictated by the transportation requirement.
For those activities with a maximum number of participants we will do everything in our power to accommodate all that sign up for the event. For those with a minimum number, if we don’t get enough people to sign-up for an event we will notify you of that condition and refund all fees paid for that event after the final sign-up cut-off date.
BOTTOM LINE: Return your sign-up sheets early to ensure you have reserved a spot in the activities that you want to attend.
Here’s what to do:
1. Review the schedule of events, pick those events you want to
participate in and sign-up for them on a PRINTED COPY OF THE SIGN-UP SHEET.
2. Fill out the top portion of the sign-up sheet (name, address, etc.). Be sure to indicate the banquet entree and number selection for everyone attending.
3. Calculate the amount owed for the individual events you selected as well as a total amount.
4. Write a check made out to “Ammo Chiefs Association” for the total amount due, place your check and sign-up sheet in an envelope and mail it to me at the address shown on the sign-up sheet.
5. Click on the link at the bottom of the sign-up sheet, it will open a
web page where you can make your hotel reservation (the link pre-fills in the group code to ensure you get the discounted room rate).
1. Sign-up to attend the reunion and the planned events of your choice – NLT 1 Sept 2016
2. Make your hotel reservation – NLT 25 Sept 2016
3. Cancel a hotel reservation – NLT Midnight, 24 Oct 2016
Information about the Holiday Inn Riverwalk San Antonio and what is available in the hotel and each guest room can be found on their website (view this information after you’ve made your room reservation using the link provided on the sign-up sheet). Here’s some additional information specific to our ACA Reunion agreement with the hotel:
1. Discounted room rate is $134 per room per night (+ 16.25% taxes). This room rate is guaranteed for a period of time extending 3 days before until three days after our reunion dates (23 Oct to 2 Nov 2016). We initially have 50 rooms blocked under this group code. If we need more, I’m fairly sure the hotel will accommodate us.
2. Parking fees in the hotel’s garage are normally $25/night, for our reunion this was discounted to $15/night.
3. The hotel has a great restaurant (Windows on the River) on premise that offers our group a discounted full American breakfast for $12/person daily.
4. We will have full use of a ballroom (The Fiesta Ballroom) located on the second floor of the hotel as our hospitality suite between the hours of 6:30 AM till 11:30 PM daily during our reunion dates. This room will be setup with tables and chairs, a refrigerator and a wet bar/kitchenette. We will stock it with various beverages (beer, wine, alcohol, sodas, bottled water, etc.) and snacks. One of our volunteers will normally be there to assist as needed.
5. Other discounts applied to our reunion activities include: waived bartender fees for the reception and banquet, waived room fees for all ACA Reunion activities held at the hotel, discounted menu prices on the banquet dinners, and a complimentary hospitality room.
I will send out other pertinent information helpful in planning your travel (car rental agencies, transportation to/from the airport and hotel, etc.) by email, individually, after I receive your sign-up sheets.
If you have any questions at all, please feel free to email them to me.
On behalf of the SATX Reunion Planning Team consisting of Fred Schoettler, Fred Lee, Steve West, James Biggerstaff, John Rivard and myself, we hope that all of you can attend and we look forward to seeing you in the Alamo City this October!
2016 ACA Reunion Boss
2016 Reunion Signup Sheet_Final